Join us for an afternoon of high-level dev talks focused around problem solving and innovative solutions. You'll hear from over 10+ dev experts talking about real world scenarios and the tools they're using. There will be a mix of 10 minute lightning presentations and 20 minute in-depth talks.
- 12:00 PM | Registration, Lunch & Networking
- 12:30 PM | Opening Remarks - Dr. Richard C. Kralevich, Associate Vice President for Information and Instructional Technology, Delaware Technical Community College
- 12:40 PM | Panel Discussion with Girl Develop It, Wilmington
- Jocelyn Harper, Software Developer, JPMorgan Chase
- Bhavana Hindupur, Software Programmer, JPMorgan Chase
- Shilpa Jindal, Software Developer, Capital One
- 1:30 PM | The Relationship Between Engineering and Iterating with Jordan Gonzalez, Jason Bamford and Keith Doggett of GeoSwap
- 1:40 PM | Enabling a Secure Platform with Chris Hoffman, Engineer, Chatham Financial
- 2:00 PM | Break!
- 2:30 PM | Github Project Scaffolding with Google Sheets and Zenhub with Mark Llobrera, Technical Director, Bluecadet
- 2:40 PM | Project Moda: Using HTML5 to create a new animation tool for the web with Le'Rhone Walker, Director of Front End Development, The Archer Group
- 3:00 PM | How CI/CD helped us "Bill Pay team" to deliver features faster to customers with Shilpa Jindal, Software Developer, Capital One
- 3:10 PM | Principles of Continuous Deployments with Rory Laitila, Cofounder, itr8group
- 3:30 PM | Quick stretch!
- 3:40 PM | Blockchain: the millennial generation's hedge with Dean Masley, Executive Director, Blockchain Education Network (BEN)
- 3:50 PM | Going the distance, giving 100% and other clichés: Bringing it all together to create valuable experiences. with Nick Bumgarner, Front-end Drupal Developer and Bryan Cordrey, Drupal Engineer, Inclind
- 4:10 PM | Development – The Big Picture with Supraja John, Web Development Services, Trellist
- 4:20 PM | Closing Remarks
- 4:30 PM | Event Close
- 5:00 - 7:00 PM | Dev Happy Hour
The Relationship Between Engineering and Iterating with Jordan Gonzalez, Cofounder, GeoSwap - Share how GeoSwap's technology has changed and continues to change based off of actively sought user feedback.
Enabling a Secure Platform with Chris Hoffman, Engineer, Chatham Financial - Often times the concepts of security are easier than the implementation. By building security into the platform and not bolting it on, you enable your development teams and still maintain a high level of trust to your organization.
Github Project Scaffolding with Google Sheets and Zenhub with Mark Llobrera, Technical Director, Bluecadet - Like many agencies, Bluecadet uses Github as a project management tool. This session will illustrate how we use Python’s pygithub library to import issues from Google Sheets into Github and get our projects off to a running start. It will also cover how teams can use Zenhub to turn Github into a kanban-style board.
Project Moda: Using HTML5 to create a new animation tool for the web with Le'Rhone Walker, Director of Front End Development, The Archer Group - With the demise of Flash, we wondered if we could achieve the same level of animation polish using HTML5 technologies. Project Moda was our answer. This is the story how we scratched our own itch by leveraging technology to create a new cross-platform animation tool.
Principles of Continuous Deployments with Rory Laitila, Cofounder, itr8group - Learn how to ready your web applications for always on, continuous deployment. Being able to rollout code updates at any time, and without downtime is not just only for the big players! New developments and tooling allow anyone to be able to deploy their applications painlessly and cheaply as long as a few conventions are followed. Turn software deployments from being a boring chore to being fun to do!